Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ready, Sketch, Go Class

  I have been away for a few weeks planning, prepping, and surviving a major Nerf War party for my youngest son and have been itching like crazy to get back to my scrappy ways. It is amazing how any little break from this creative process really has me itching for some time in my craft room. Last week, I took a big jump and joined my first online scrapbooking class: Ready, Sketch, Go which is a collaboration between Jen Schow and Tracie Claiborne. I have never taken an online class before but these ladies are so inspirational and the value seemed too good to pass up. Let me just say that I am SO grateful that I did. The content is incredible, the process videos are packed with amazing tips, and the extras like cut files and scrapping tips are just over the top. They have truly done an amazing job making sure all the little details are in order. So far, I have finished the first two sketch challenges and wanted to post my first layout here and talk a little bit about what I did. If you are interested and looking for amazing inspiration at an incredible value, check out their new class by clicking here. You won't be disappointed!


Layout #1: Stargazer.
    This layout had been a struggle for me for quite some time. The pictures aren't wonderful because they were outside at night but the story was so important to my son so it required documentation. As you can see from the layout, I had a lot to say in this story so I needed a fair chunk of journaling space. Below are some close-ups of the embellishment clusters as well as some of the layers that I created.


  

Supplies Used:

Shimelle Starshine: Metal Clip, die cut from the ephemera pack, clear stamp set, stars border strip
Amy Tan Better Together: quote die cut from the ephemera pack, mini star diecuts
Studio Calico: Gold alpha stickers, background paper
Heidi Swapp September Skies: gold foil constellations card and 6x6 paper pad
Heidi Swapp: Navy ink pad, roller date stamp
Other: enamel dots, white cardstock

I hope you enjoyed my first class layout! More coming soon.....



No comments:

Post a Comment