Monday, March 21, 2016

Use Your Stuff Challenge: Incorporate a Quote

Good Morning! I am off today exploring Disney World on spring break with my kiddos and capturing lots of new memories to create with when I get home. This week, the challenge on the Use Your Stuff blog is to create a project that incorporates or takes inspiration from a quote. There are so many different directions that you could go with this challenge and I struggled to choose just one quote to use. I am sure that this is a challenge that I will come back to again and again.

For this week, I chose to work on a layout from a recent vacation to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios. My kids were so excited to go to Ollivander's and choose a wand and then use it throughout the world to cast spells and make magical mischief. Thus, the quote "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" was just perfect. Using the quote as a bold title, I incorporated different colors, text styles and dimensions in order to create visual interest. Surrounding the picture with strong layers and three defined embellishment clusters allowed for me to draw the viewer's eye to the photo and the quote. I tried my hand at brush lettering for the very first time on this layout. And these studio calico letter stickers...to die for! I hope you enjoy this layout and find something that inspires you to create. Make sure to head on over to the Use Your Stuff blog to check out the work from the rest of the design team and to submit your own project to the challenge this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment