Saturday, October 1, 2016

SpiegelMom Scraps--World Card Making Day Blog Hop



Welcome to October and this month's SpiegelMom Scraps Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Hannah's incredible collection of cards. It is going to be hard to follow up behind all of the great ideas that she shared.

Today is World Card Making Day so we have all taken the challenge to create a card or two for today's blog hop. I am not super confident in my card-making skills so this was a challenge that put me to the test but I'm happy with how the final product turned out and I hope that you like it as well.

If you haven't yet, make sure you head over to the SpiegelMom Scraps Store where there is a HUGE October sale going on right now. I placed a large order already and I am sure you will find lots of goodies to add to your stash as well.

Without further ado, here is my card creation. I love creating lots of layers on my scrapbook pages so I thought that I would apply the same ideas to my card creation.




I started with a black cardstock base and then added some pink distressed patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Documentary paper pad. Next, I grabbed a small glassine bag from the SpiegelMom Scraps store and placed two tags inside. One is just a plain white tag (also from the store) and the green constellation one came from an older Dear Lizzy collection. I tied them both off with some Maya Road twine (the store again!)



Next, I added a white Normandy doily wrapped around the edge of the glassine bag. I pulled out a black arrow paperclip from my stash and then I found this pink card with the heart cut-out of the center from the Maggie Holmes Bloom ephemera pack. I backed it with a piece of transparency and then placed a whole lot of sequins from the Mocha Mint Dream mix (from SpiegelMom Scraps) behind it on sticker paper. This gave the look of a shaker card and allowed the sequins to stay in place. I love that!

I added a little tab and some quick and simple hand stitching. The sediment is from an old Studio Calico stamp set and is one of my favorites. I added a Teresa Collins basic black label sticker and a row of Corkfetti hearts as well as a large Corkfetti heart peeking out of the glassine bag. A few scattered sequins also from the Mocha Mint Dream mix finished off this card.

I am really happy with the final product and I am SO glad to be celebrating World Card Making Day with SpiegelMom Scraps and all of you! If you want to see more of my work please come visit me on Instagram @redefinedkreative or on my You Tube channel. You are now off to the next stop in the blog hop which is to check out the amazing work of Sara. Wait until you see her card....wow! Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

  1. Khristina, I LOVE the bag on a card! This is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Khristina!! I love the shaker element and seeing the sequins through the heart!. And That stitching on the side is really cool!

    ReplyDelete