Monday, December 5, 2016

Stick it Down--December Sketch Challenge

Welcome back to another month of sketches with Stick It Down! This month's sketch was a little bit more challenging for me but I ended up having a lot of fun creating with it. The sketch for the single page design team this month was focused on a large initial letter with very little embellishing given. You can see the sketch below...


I decided that I wanted to focus on a Christmas themed layout for this particular design and I had a photo from a past trip on the Polar Express that I thought would be perfect. I used a font on my computer to create a fancy letter "S" to stand for Santa and made my title (Santa's Magic) part of the large letter title. I decided to cut that letter out of red velvet paper to mimic Santa's suit and then stitched with some gold thread to add some detail. I cut the arrow out the same way and stitched there as well. I added a few layers of patterned paper and tissue paper with some Tim Holtz Candied Apple distress ink as well as some gold accents and red sequins to finish the look. The mirror embellishments are from Pink Fresh Studios and the sequins are from SpiegelMom Scraps. 



I hope that you enjoyed seeing what I created with this month's sketch and that you will also play along with this sketch. Make sure to share your layout over at Stick It Down!  Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment